7 Companies That Will Pay You $45 Today (Yes, Free Money!)
This post may contain affiliate links. FinanceSuperhero only recommends products which help Restore Order to the World of Finance.
A little extra cash in your pocket never hurts. And if it’s free money?
We all dream of finding new ways to make extra money with minimal effort. But let’s be honest: most opportunities out there DO take time and effort.
As the saying goes, “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” If you want to make more money and are willing to put in your dues, there are tons of opportunities out there.
Believe it or not, there are a few ways to make some quick free money today.
Even if you’re still in bed or on the couch watching Friends re-runs on Netflix for the millionth time. (It’s OK, I do it, too.)
Big businesses are in the . . . well, business . . . of finding creative ways to promote their services to as many people as they possibly can. And if it means doling out a bit of free money to get their foot in the door and gain access to consumers like you, they consider it a small price to pay.
What’s in it for them? Usually they’re interested in gathering big data. And since most people guard their email addresses like Buckingham Palace, they offer free cash as an incentive to gain your trust.
I’ve researched a handful of the best free money offers on the web to help put as much as $45 in your pocket today. Each one on the list is 100% free to sign-up, but they also provide powerful value beyond the sign-up bonuses they offer.
My wife and I use most of them every month to keep a few more bucks in our wallets – especially Ibotta, Digit and Ebates – with minimal effort.
Read on to see the 7 companies who want to pay you free money today.
1. Ibotta: Redeem an Offer on Your Next Shopping Trip and Grab a $10 Welcome Bonus
Ibotta is pretty much the undisputed king of helping people earn cash back on everyday purchases. Their app helps you get real cash –not points or credits –and works at hundreds of stores.
And the cash back process is unbelievably easy:
- Find offers on the products you already buy before you shop.
- Buy the products you selected at a participating store.
- Redeem the offers by taking a photo of your receipt in the app. Ibotta will handle the rest.
- Cash back will be deposited in your account in 48 hours.
- Transfer cash back via PayPal (don’t worry, you won’t pay any service fees).
There’s a reason Ibotta users have earned over $275 million (yes, million) in cash back rewards as of late 2017. It’s easy to get started, it works almost everywhere, and you can even earn additional rewards and bonuses when you refer friends and build your own team. (Our team currently has over 300 members.)
2. Swagbucks: Surveys with *Swag* and $5 Signup Bonus
Interested in earning gift cards to retailers like Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon, or converting bonus points to PayPal cash? If taking simple surveys, watching videos, and shopping online are your things, you need to try Swagbucks.
Aside from earning your $5 signup bonus, you can work on earning gift cards to cover holiday gift purchases in the future.
Sound to good to be true? Swagbucks gives out 7,000 gift cards each day, so they mean business.
3. ShopTracker: Earn a $3 Bonus Now and More Each Month
If you’ve ever heard of the famous Harris Poll, you know the folks who started ShopTracker.
ShopTracker’s process is gimmick-free. Once you qualify, ShopTracker will send you your bonus via email. In return, they ask you to install their app so they can monitor your purchase activity (Don’t worry – they remove your name, shipping address, and any payment information before your purchase history data is recorded).
Their welcome bonus is one of the best out there, but they will also continue to notify you every time you’re eligible to earn another bonus.
4. Acorns: $5 Free to Start Investing
Roboadvisers and microinvesting are two of the biggest buzzwords in the investment world.
Acorns is one of the leaders in this sector by virtue of helping investors put their spare change to work. Here’s how it works:
- Sign-up and link your bank account (totally secure with military grade encryption).
- Live life like normal and shop like you always do.
- Acorns will round-up your purchases and literally invest your spare change.
While it is true that Acorns charges $1 for most users (college students with a valid .edu email are free, by the way), the price of a double cheeseburger is a small one when it comes to investing for your future.
5. Ebates: A Grab your $10 bonus when you sign-up for Ebates now! For the Online Shopping You Already Do
With a new TV ad campaign, Ebates is probably the most recognizable name on this list.
And when it comes to saving money, they’re the real deal.
Here’s how it works:
- Ebates offers savings of up to 40% off in the form of cash back at over 2,000 stores.
- Savings are available online and in-store.
- Think of Ebates as a major influencer. They send customers to stores, and Ebates earns a commission. They pass a portion of that on to you.
6. Vindale Research: Sign-up For an Easy $2 and More
This one’s short and sweet. Vindale is one of the leading survey companies, and they’ll toss free money your way just for signing up.
And you can continue to earn even more money month after month by taking surveys in your spare time.
7. MyPoints: A $10 Reward for Using the Internet
I know, I know – this one sounds too good to be true.
But MyPoints really will give you points (which are redeemable for cash and gift cards) for shopping online, reading email, and watching videos.
The stuff you already do online every single day.
You can even tailor your web activity just a bit to earn even more points:
- Use Yahoo! for search results.
- Play Bejeweled 2 and Solitaire Rush (I had to verify this one to believe it, but it’s legit!).
- Cash in by watching videos. Hint: It’s OK to have videos running on your laptop in a different muted tab.
Their current best offer is a $10 Amazon gift card when you spend a minimum of $20 at any one of 1,900 retailers.
Earn More Free Money Straight to Your Pocket
Free money to the tune of $45 is already pretty amazing, but your opportunities don’t end here.
Most of the programs in this list offer additional bonuses for referring friends straight from your account. You can easily get a few friends and family to sign up for a program or two if you send out a few emails and write a Facebook post.
Looking for more ways to earn extra money? Check out these posts:
- 21 Awesome Side Hustles to Help You Haul in Extra Cash
- 10 Potentially Life Changing Side Hustles You May Not Have Considered